There are 8 different B vitamins: B1 (thiamine), B2 (riboflavin), B3 (niacin), B5 (pantothenic acid), B6 (pyridoxine), B7 (biotin), B9 (folic acid) and B12 (cobalamin). B vitamins are found primarily in meat, leafy vegetables, dairy products, beans, peas and whole grains. They are water-soluble and play an important role in certain bodily functions, such as the production of energy from food and the formation of red blood cells. B vitamins are thought to increase testosterone levels in men, which decrease with age. Vitamin B may also help men build muscle and increase their strength.
Learn more about the general benefits, proper dosage, and how we choose B vitamins for our NOUMEN Brain Supplement in this post.
Vitamin B at a glace
The effects of the various B vitamins are very well researched and crucial for providing energy, your concentration and your mood. Below we have 5 general benefits for you in the summary.
🧠 Supports the health of your brain
Research shows that vitamin B supports just about every aspect of the brain health field. While all B vitamins promote healthy brain function, vitamins B6, B9, and B12 play a special role in something called homocysteine metabolism. This helps reduce the risk of cognitive decline and dementia. B12 in particular supports healthy DNA structures, which are important in the prevention of chronic diseases and cancer. Vitamin B6 supports both brain development and function, while vitamin B9 (folic acid) plays an important role in mental and emotional health. Folic acid also works closely with vitamin B12 to support the formation of red blood cells and the proper function of iron in the body.
⚡ Transforms food into energy
Most B vitamins are involved in the transformation of food into energy. Some help metabolize carbohydrates, while others break down fat and/or protein. While this is an important process, taking a B-complex supplement doesn't necessarily mean you'll feel more energetic. While the body needs B vitamins to get energy from food, the effect is different when these vitamins are taken in supplement form rather than through food. Therefore, you should also pay attention to a high bioavailability of vitamin B!
🩸 Produziert rote Blutkörperchen
Some B vitamins, especially vitamin B12, play an important role in the production of red blood cells. Healthy red blood cells are needed to transport oxygen to all parts of the body. If there are not enough red blood cells, the body will not get enough oxygen. Symptoms of this are fatigue, weakness, reduced performance or headaches. Vitamin B2 is also needed for red blood cell production and growth, as is vitamin B9. While vitamin B5 plays a role in red blood cell production, it also helps reduce the amount of cholesterol produced by the body.
🧬 Fördert die Gesundheit des Nervensystems
Vitamin B2 keeps the eyes, nervous system and skin healthy. It helps convert food into energy and contributes to the proper functioning of enzymes in the body. It also forms and repairs DNA, contributes to the optimal functioning of the digestive and nervous systems, and promotes skin health.
🙋♂️ May reduce stress
Research shows that certain B vitamins may help reduce stress. For example, one study found that vitamin B supplementation can help boost mood. In the study, 215 healthy men took a vitamin B complex for 33 days. Participants reported significant improvements in self-perceived stress, overall health and vitality. Reducing stress should always be accompanied by routines, so we've got you covered with a guide to stress reduction.
The right dosage of Vitamin B (NRV)
Reference values for nutrient intake have been published for all B vitamins by the Societies for Nutrition in Germany (DGE), Austria (ÖGE) and Switzerland (SGE). These are mg/day for men:
- B1 (Thiamine) - 1,3 mg
- B2 (Riboflavin) - 1,4 mg
- B3 (Niacin) - 16 mg
- B5 (Pantothenic acid) - 6 mg
- B6 (Pyridoxine) - 1,6 mg
- B7 (Biotin) - 40 mg
- B9 (Folic acid) - 0,3 mg
- B12 (Cobalamin) - 4,0 mg
B vitamins in our NOUMEN Brain Supplement
Are you wondering what the benefits of each B vitamin in the NOUMEN Brain Supplement are and why we chose them? Find out more right here.
- Vitamin B1 (Thiamin) - An essential nutrient for energy release used by every cell in the body. It is key to maintaining the health of the nervous system. In addition, there are studies suggesting that high levels of thiamine may be beneficial for mental health. For example, in one study, thiamine was taken in addition to antidepressants, after which symptoms were relieved more quickly.
- Vitamin B3 (Niacin) - It helps release energy from food, lowers cholesterol, relieves arthritis and promotes brain function. The brain needs niacin (the coenzymes NAD and NADP) to produce energy and function properly.
- Vitamin B5 (Pantothenic Acid) - We need it to survive. This is less about protection and much more about keeping things running. So this vitamin contributes to normal brain performance and supports the structure and function of brain cells. It helps release energy and supports the metabolism of stress hormones.
- Vitamin B6 (Pyridoxine) - It is vital for all kinds of processes in the body and brain. For example, it supports mood regulation and regulates the release of energy from food. Early studies have found that high levels of vitamin B6 help slow brain shrinkage in areas associated with cognitive decline.
- Vitamin B9 (Folic Acid) - It is one of the essential nutrients we all need. It plays a significant role in reducing fatigue and exhaustion and may also reduce the risk of depression through its contribution to normal psychological functioning.
- Vitamin B12 (Cobalamin) - It supports normal nerve cell function, is critical for DNA synthesis and, as a result, has been found to prevent brain atrophy. Low levels of B12, on the other hand, may increase the risk of developing mood swings or even depression because it strongly affects the production of serotonin - a chemical in the brain that regulates mood.
NOUMEN protects against stress factors and environmental influences
At NOUMEN, protection from stress factors and environmental influences is especially important to us. That's why we have formed our stress-reducing routines, so that you can not only increase your performance, but also get enough rest and protection. The protection of your brain is especially important to us.
Braincare is the main pillar of NOUMEN Selfcare, because only if your brain is supplied with enough nutrients you can reach your goals every day. The right routines and your mindset are of utmost importance. For this reason, we have created a holistic offer so that you can become the best version of yourself!